Our Kindergarten program supports children aged 3.8-5 years of age in building important skills which will enhance their later school years. In a fully inclusive, play based (theme based/emergent) curriculum, some of the items the children will work on through the year include, but are not limited to:
- Developing speech, language, and motor skills through the use of the Jolly Phonicsprogram as well as through Montessori material.
- Botany and Zoology lessons.
- French on a weekly basis.
- Hands on math concepts such as quantity vs. numeracy, weight, length, estimation, etc.
- Co-operative small and large group experiences
Our program focuses on building positive relationships by fostering self-expressions, decision making, and increasing independence by allowing the children to be responsible for their own learning.
Through this hands-on, child centered approach, we are confident that our Kindergarten children will enter the school system with a positive attitude on learning.